Tuesday, February 5

super tuesday


I have a confession to make. I've done something I've never done before. Several weeks ago, I got online and requested an early voter ballot. Yeah. I realize people do it all the time.


My grandma swears by it.


But I wasn't one of those people. I have always enjoyed going to my polling place on an election day, the girls in tow and voting for whichever candidate on the DAY. Walking around all day long with my "I VOTED" sticker, feeling like a part of the solution. Now here it is Super Tuesday, and I feel like an outsider. I made my choice weeks ago.

When I dropped the girls at school, there was a man getting out the word for Obama. He was full of hope and optimism. Excited by the prospect of change today could bring. I envied him his enthusiasm.






Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know I voted, but it's just not the same.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

So why the change? Do you not like dealing with old people at the polls? I hear there's a lot of them in AZ. ;)

brandie said...

ha ha ha. I don't know why I got the early ballot thingy. I got a flyer in the mail and went with it... Never again.