Friday, February 1

Compression



Nope. That's not me. But it is a reasonable facsimile of my experience. My tech lady was blonde with goggles. And she talked a LOT. She was nice though. Didn't make it less bizarre.

I just kept wondering how I would face placing strange shaboobies on a shelf for digital imaging all day long. I'm sure there are plenty of professional rewards in this line of work, but that doesn't make it any less disconcerting.

Some highlights of the trip:
  • AWESOME drapey,capey things that you wear after you remove everything "from the waist up"
  • Strangely sinister framed needlepoint declaring, "We Compress Because We Care" (not a comforting sentiment)
  • Super tiny second waiting room filled with drapey,capey women pointedly ignoring one another
  • Having the tech lady draw a big "X" in black ball-point pen on my shaboobie just prior to the imaging
  • Walking around with a metal bb scotch taped above the black ball-point pen X
  • Having clear lube squirted all over said shaboobie in prep for the sonogram
  • Seeing mysterious, menacing black growthy thing on the sonogram screen

No comments: