Sunday, February 3

bleh



Saturday was spent traveling from store to store in search of furniture that I do not hate. This was no easy task, I assure you. Why is it that when you actually have the fundage, it is impossible to find anything worth spending it on? Don't even throw into the mix the fact that my spouse, who typically has absolutely no opinion on anything, all of a sudden discovers that he has likes and dislikes. Fortunately, I am completely comfortable ignoring his newfound opinions.



Unfortunately for me, Mitchell is not the only one in the family who thinks that their opinion counts. There were several occasions where Taylor was in serious danger of being sold to strangers. At one point, she began to sob while we were browsing through the Youth Bedrooms section at the American Home Store. Apparently she was upset because I would not allow her to get a bedset that consisted of bunkbeds made of aluminum piping that were embellished with shiny chrome plates resembling the details on a semi truck. Are you kidding me?
But it's my room and I should be able to have stuff I like in my room!
This is where I officially became my mother because I answered with, "It's my money. I'm the one who has to like it. Not you." Yeah. Not too diplomatic. What can I say...
Needless to say, there were no purchases made on yesterday's expedition.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are clearly a rookie furniture shopper. Never, never, never take your family. Husbands do not really know what they want at all, and children are even more fickle. You'll have better luck with, "Guess what I bought at the furniture store today? It will be delivered next week." When next week rolls around and the new stuff sits next to the old shit, everything you picked will be loved by all.
It also helps if you forget to mention the cost to anyone. You deserve it!

Naomi said...

Anyone under the height of 5 feet is not allowed to have an opinion--and even that requirement is up for debate.