Friday, May 9

wtf

Believe it or not, this is the view from behind my steering wheel at 11:18 am on a half day. Where am I going? you may wonder. Surely this is traffic downtown somewhere... Nope... this is the freakin' parking lot of the girls' school. WTF.

All semblance of common sense is discarded as soon as parents drive into the lot. It's cut throat competition to be the first to get to the parent pick up area. Never mind that their dare devil maneuvers needlessly hem up the more sensible of us for minutes on end as they swerve and dive from line to line. Horns honk. Unpleasantries are exchanged. Drivers glare. Parents, tired of waiting, abandon their cars in search of their students. This causes the rest of us to curse them for gumming up the works even further. I sit behind the wheel and curse, wishing ill on all those causing catastrophe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They need Marti down there with her sign "please pull forward"! I have seen this before at every other school my kids have gone too. Common sense flies out the window upon entering the parking lot.

brandie said...

I know I shouldn't be surprised about the whole parent pick up thing, but it still infuriates me! =)