Thursday, May 22

why i heart bad words

I have always enjoyed using foul language. I come from a long line of profaners. Adult language was frequently present in our household. So it's no wonder I L-O-V-E belting out a few choice words periodically...Okay. Daily. For whatever reason. Whatever the occasion. I could be happy, irritated, content, amused, mad, indifferent. Whatever. I am a firm believer that there are certain feelings and/or moments that call for bad language. I just seem to experience a lot of these feeling and/or moments in my daily life. I know. It's shocking. Appalling, really. I, a former ENGLISH teacher, should be able to communicate without the use of such language. It's base and demonstrates one's poor breeding and education. Only people who are unable to suitably express themselves linguistically utilize profanity. It boils down to I don't care. Peppering my phrases with a random "fuck" or "shithouse" doesn't make me a bad person. I simply enjoy colorful phrases. And maybe I also enjoy the reaction some have to said bad language, but we all have our crosses to bear, right?

No comments: