Monday, May 12

cake

Today I volunteered at the girls' school library. Nothing big. Just mindless reshelving of returned library books. While I toiled, the librarian chilled. Answered a few calls. Ran a few errands. Engaged in some chatting with some of the more "with it" mom volunteers. And dealt with one extremely passive-aggressive 2nd grader. Granted she was also required to check in some 100 returned books during the 2 and a half hours I was there, but other than that. Librarian-ism is awesome! Why didn't I get my certificate in that instead of teaching? If I had, maybe I'd still be working in schools....

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I think I would have been bored. But then again, it doesn't seem like that bad of a gig--especially at an elementary school.

1 said...

You would be like Mary Knutson... Only crazier.