Wednesday, December 24

the worst things

  • Discovering you were getting a birthday massage & facial while your husband was admitting himself to the hospital
  • A simple 35 minute appendectomy turning into a several hours long emergency tumor removal and colon resection
  • Husband's surgeon calling you at 1:37 am from the hospital to inform you that "although things are fine", they did not go as planned
  • Calling family in the middle of the night
  • Watching his face as the surgeon tells him for the 3rd time that No, he didn't just have an appendectomy and it's much more serious
  • Waiting for pathology reports
  • Receiving pathology reports
  • Colon Cancer
  • Metastasized
  • Lymph Nodes
  • Oncologists
  • Trying to live in the moment because you're afraid of tomorrow

3 comments:

1 said...

Brandie,

I know all too well this situation, although different. LEAN ON YOUR FAMILY. It's unnecessary for you to do it all yourself. Take care of yourself. If you don't, you can't take care of anyone else. Call for help. I am here for you, and not just saying that to be lame. I am very serious. Even if you just want me to come for dinner. I love you and am praying very hard for you.

Naomi said...

I wish I was there with you RIGHT NOW and we would drown ourselves in chocolate Diet Cokes and eat loads of sushi and then shake our fists.

And I might even be compelled to give you a hug even though neither of us like that kind of thing very much. Normally.

Hang in there, kid. I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Liz is right...take care of you and call on all family and friends for help!! Don't go it alone! I'll be praying for you and your family.