Monday, December 29

state of our union

Mitchell is steadily healing from his surgery. He is able to creep around the house now, even making his way up and down the stairs. He's still not sleeping consistently at night, but it's getting better. His incision is slowly healing from the inside out and beginning to itch. There is less and less ooziness each day. His CT Scan results were good. He hasn't developed any large abscesses. But we still have to be vigilant about signs of infection as small abscesses will more than likely develop. The surgeon read Mitchell's chest x-ray and reported that everything "seems normal" to her. We still haven't seen the oncologist. That probably won't happen until next week. It irritates me how long they wait to get the treatment ball rolling. I've got my 34 week prenatal appointment this afternoon. I've been doing well, other than feeling exhausted all the time...but I felt that way before so that's nothing new. =) The girls are doing well too. T has settled down a bit and D's rash is slightly better. My big problem now is getting them back on decent sleep schedules. I am dreading the agony that lack of sleep will bring when school starts up again next week.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Glad to hear that Sir Mitchell is home...

Rachel said...

I second that motion. Thanks for the update. Still praying for you all! ;)