Monday, March 10

hold on there, pool man

I'm pulling out of my garage this morning at 7:56 and notice a back hoe, a raggedy contractor's truck and several contractor-looking dudes cruising in and out of my side yard gate.

Umm...Hello?

Oh. Hey, ma'am. (Really?)

Can I help you guys? (Of course I realize they're here to work on the pool, but shouldn't they have volunteered that info?)

Yeah. The pool....Working on the pool...

With this, he stumbles back through the front yard, disappearing through the gate. Really?



Highlights of the Pool Man's Visit:


  • Watching the tall, skinny one chain smoke while jack-hammering, using an aerosol paint can, operating back hoe, and observing the other dudes install pool plumbing

  • Appropriation of cool, banana boat-style, straw hat worker left in side yard

  • Having retired neighbor hanging over back fence shouting at pool worker dudes

  • Listening to them drill, scrape and hammer into the side of my freshly stuccoed & painted house as if they were trying to come through the wall

  • 200 cigarette butts left in back yard after their departure

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Is that what your pool is gonna look like? If so, can I marry you too?

1 said...

I love the leaving of butts...

1 said...

I love the leaving of butts...