Friday, February 4

floundering

Just over two months since Mitchell's passing. It's strange how time seems to drag and yet fly by all at the same time. I still can't let go of those last moments. They continue to haunt me, blind-siding me in quiet moments.

The world outside continues on. It seems they barely recall that just a short time ago he was here. Outsiders offer "help". Everyone seems to have advice, opinions about how best to proceed. People who think they know how we feel like to give me helpful hints. I try to avoid these good Samaritans, but they've got radar and hone in on my signal.

2 comments:

1 said...

Brandie Bee, I think of you often and can't wait to see you someday soon. I hope you know how much I love you.

Figuring It Out said...

I have learned that "good samaritans" often have no clue what to do, say, or how to be around those who are grieving a loss of any measure. I still am surrounded by people who I want to tell to shut the eff up because what they have to say is painful and uncomfortable to go through when maybe all I really wanted was a buddy to grab coffee with.