Friday, June 4

new developments

Pleurisy is Mitchell's newest cancer-related diagnosis...He'd been experiencing chest pain and ended up in the ER last Friday as a result.  He left with yet another prescription  and a vague understanding of exactly what the diagnosis meant. 

I myself am not sure exactly how this new ailment will impact him in the long run.  As soon as I saw his discharge paperwork, I was googling "pleurisy".  I did find out that pleura is an actual thing.  Also I discovered that it can be related to a variety of primary diagnoses, none of which being colorectal cancer.  Mitchell's visit to the ACC did reveal that the condition is sometimes related to pulmonary embolisms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hayden sort of reminds me of a soft shell turtle in the swimming gear.
Pops